IDEC SPORT and Violette Dorange: Together to help young people believe in the future…
IDEC SPORT continues its commitment to social actions by supporting the young skipper Violette Dorange in her new Figaro project “in order to give a voice to young people in difficulty”.
Violette is a young skipper from La Rochelle who has been sailing since she was 7 years old. Thanks to her determination and her courage, she has always wanted to embark on an adventure by taking on numerous challenges.
After crossing the English Channel and the Strait of Gibraltar in Optimist and winning 3 medals at the World Youth Championships in 420, Violette DORANGE launched herself into ocean racing last year where she became the youngest person in history to cross the Atlantic in a solo race by participating in the Mini Transat at only 18 years old. Today she is preparing for the Solitaire du Figaro which will take place in September 2020, a real gateway to high level ocean racing such as the Vendée Globe and the Olympic Games.
Son leitmotiv : “All dreams are achievable if you give yourself the means”.
Violette wishes to live more than a sporting adventure, she wishes to give meaning to what she undertakes by defending a societal project: she has decided this year to join the “Apprentis d’Auteuil” to support children in difficulty. She will run, during this adventure and for all those to come, in the colors of this 155 year old foundation to bring them more visibility.
Patrice Lafargue, President of the IDEC Group and IDEC SPORT: “We have been supporting the Apprentis d’Auteuil for several years. We were seduced by the determination and values conveyed by Violette’s project. It is important to pass on the message to the new generations that we must believe in the future and that all dreams are achievable … if we give ourselves the means!
- Violette Dorange was born on April 17, 2001 in Rochefort
- She started sailing at the age of 6 and had her first competitions at the age of 7
- In May 2016, at the age of 15, she was the first woman to cross the English Channel in an Optimist
- In 2019, she is the youngest woman to participate in the Mini-Transat and crosses the Atlantic Ocean alone at 18 years old
- Violette is registered at the Pôle Course au Large in Port la Forêt
- She has many victories in competition to her credit (Vice World Champion 420 Youth, 2 times 420 French Champion…)