The determination you have today determines the success you will have tomorrow
IDEC SPORT is proud to be represented this year by the talented disabled sportswoman, Marie-Amélie Le Fur. Four times world athletics champion and twice paralympic champion, the 30-year old sportswoman continues to add to her list of successes and the work she does with federations and associations for causes that she considers to be important. In 2019, she has become the sport and health ambassador for the IDEC GROUP. This partnership came about quite naturally around sporting values that are shared by IDEC and Marie-Amélie Le Fur.
It is the love of a challenge, excellence and the desire to convey a message which encourages her as she prepares for the Tokyo Paralympic Games. She is aiming for the long jump title and maybe a new world record at the XVIth Paralympic Games in Tokyo from 25th Aug to 6th Sept 2020.
This event will also be a wonderful showcase to promote paralympic sports in France and around the world.
Marie Amélie Le Fur is a three times Parlympic champion, who has competed in athletics since the age of six. It was in 2003 that her sporting career took off with two French firemen’s championship titles.
In 2004,she had a scooter accident and was forced to lose her leg.
In spite of the difficulty of this tragic event, she was back running just four months after teh accident.
- 2005: French 200m champion, setting a new French record for the distance
- 2006: First international elite championship
- 2008: Beijing Games: 2 medals for long jump and 100m
- 2012: London Games: 1st 100m paralympic title
- 2016: Rio Games: two titles in 400m and long jump (WR)
- 2018: Berlin Euro Championship: Gold medal and acheived her 6m goal (WR)