At 1000hrs UTC on Saturday 21st November, Francis Joyon brought together his crew for another weather briefing along with his router, Marcel Van Triest. The weather opportunity they had been looking at for the past week has opened up again with a possible start now planned for this afternoon.
Francis Joyon and his crew are preparing to cast off from the Port du Château in Brest. This looks like being a rough start with winds of around 35 knots forecast.
Press conference at 1130hrs UTC
For journalists: Francis Joyon will be announcing on Saturday at 1130hrs whether or not he will be starting the Jules Verne Trophy this weekend. Head straight for the boat, Port du Chateau in Brest at 1230hrs local time.